SO glad it’s Friday! It’s been a whirlwind week, and a very busy season of ministry. Our team is so excited about Inclusion Fusion, and we’re wrapping up our preparations so that we can roll out the red carpet for all of you next Thursday. Please join the fun, participate in the learning, and share your ideas and questions…register here and share this with your friends, colleagues, pastors and teachers!
It’s also been a busy season for our family…both kids are now in high school (gasp!), which means a different kind of “busy.” I remember sharing with my mother-in-law recently that I was so, so tired: “I feel like I’m always trying to catch up! I thought things would settle down as the kids got older.” She smiled and kindly (and wisely!) said, “Well, Katie…when they were little, you were busy on YOUR schedule. You could say, ‘Let’s go to the park. Let’s go to the library. Let’s take a rest.’ Now you are busy on THEIR schedule!” She was so right (and spoke like a seasoned mom who successfully raised five–count ’em–FIVE phenomenal people!) It’s always nice to get a little pick-up from a mom who’s been there. I highly recommend it!
We’re also busy with college visits for Annie. It’s a very interesting process, and I’m looking forward to sharing some of that with you as the weeks go by…lots of good tips for college visits, preparing applications, disclosing disabilities, and identifying supports and services. (It sounds trite, but I find myself constantly wondering where the years have gone as I regard this confident young woman…my daughter…who is ready to step out into this next phase of her life!)
More on Inclusion Fusion over the weekend…for now, a little fun!
5 Facts for Friday:
1. Pumpkin roll: A yummy, cream-cheese frosting treat…unless you live in Chagrin Falls, where it is altogether different. Google “pumpkin roll Chagrin Falls” to see what I mean.
2. WalMart was playing Christmas carols yesterday, and I was secretly pleased as punch.
3. Speaking of Christmas songs, I loathe that Christmas Shoes song. I don’t care if you think I’m dead inside.
4. Houshold hint: Spray-n-Wash removes spots from clothes, and wolf spiders from the laundry tub.
5. Favorite Halloween costume: Laverne and Shirley with Juanita Bell in fifth grade. Yours?
Happy Trick-or-Treating, my friends~I’ll trade you my milk duds for your mounds bars!