Five Facts for Friday:
1. Back in the day, the “spokesperson” for Poptarts was a toaster named Milton. Does anyone else remember this?
2. Visiting colleges shouldn’t be about finding the best college; it should be about finding the best college for the student.
3. The Westminster Dog Show may begin to include “mixed breeds,” which means that Mitzie, the Irish Labraterre, can compete. (We totally made up “Irish Labraterre.” Sounds impressive, doesn’t it?)
4. In honor …of MLK day on Monday, my sister, Betsy and I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about Dr. King. Our dad made us write reports about him when we were kids, because he felt our knowledge was lacking.
5. My sister-in-law Katy posted an interesting article that raised this question: Should you impose consequences on your kids, or allow “natural consequences” to teach them? Discuss…
Hope you have a happy and warm weekend!