1. I have jury duty next week, which I hope will be very Law and Order-ish.
2. Congratulations to my wonderful in-laws, Barbara and Win Wetherbee, who recently celebrated their 67th wedding anniversary! Truly an example of how commitment, love, friendship, and lots of laughs fuel a lasting marriage.
3. You are probably surprised to know I was not chosen to be the Brown’s head coach. I am hoping to be their hospitality coordinator. However, I will require a headset. It’s in my contract.
4. Winston Churchill said, “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
5. Both of my kids have recently demonstrated grace and resilience, qualities I admire so much. What qualities do you admire in your kids, family or friends?
Happy Friday, friends…stay cozy and warm!
Five Facts for Friday:
1. Back in the day, the “spokesperson” for Poptarts was a toaster named Milton. Does anyone else remember this?
2. Visiting colleges shouldn’t be about finding the best college; it should be about finding the best college for the student.
3. The Westminster Dog Show may begin to include “mixed breeds,” which means that Mitzie, the Irish Labraterre, can compete. (We totally made up “Irish Labraterre.” Sounds impressive, doesn’t it?)
4. In honor …of MLK day on Monday, my sister, Betsy and I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about Dr. King. Our dad made us write reports about him when we were kids, because he felt our knowledge was lacking.
5. My sister-in-law Katy posted an interesting article
that raised this question: Should you impose consequences on your kids, or allow “natural consequences” to teach them? Discuss…
Hope you have a happy and warm weekend!
Five Facts for Friday:
1. Among Oprah’s favorites this season: A chocolate nativity scene. This could bring new meaning to “taste and see that the Lord is good.”
2. I never understood people who said “enjoy college…best years of your life!” THESE are my best years.
3. Today I am thankful for Tom‘s math expertise (so are our kids!)
4. Will Rogers said, “Rumor travels faster, but it doesn’t stay put as long as truth.”
5. Favorite place in my house: my brown couch in the family room. What’s your favorite spot in YOUR house?
This weekend, I’m going to cheer on the Chagrin Falls Tigers (and mostly, the marching band!) at the next round of the championship tournament. I’m also planning on cleaning out the linen closet, and doing some pre-Thanksgiving prep. How about you? Whatever you are doing, hope it’s a happy weekend…See you next week!